Monday, October 29, 2007

Back from Northampton!

Despite the rain and some fairly chilly temps, we had a terrific weekend up in Northampton, MA. My dh visited about 8 used bookstores, while I did my thing with fiber. The marketplace at the Fibertwist was small, as expected, but I spent an enjoyable hour wandering around, seeing everything, and talking with some of the nicest vendors I have ever met. I restrained myself as far as buying went. I purchased one skein of an Icelandic wool and one shawl pin.
Unfortunately, my lazy brain picked a colorway on the Icelandic wool that is almost identical to one of the skeins I bought at Rhinebeck, so the new skein will probably be used as a prize in some future contest. Oh well, you can't win them all!

I also made it to Webs on Saturday afternoon. I spent about an hour and a half wandering around the warehouse and the store. I had decided before I left for the weekend that I wanted to make the Nantucket Jacket from the Winter 2006 issue of Interweave Knits. Happily, I found the perfect yarn in the Webs warehouse, at an excellent price.
Elsbeth Lavold Classic Al, an alpaca/merino blend, in a beautiful dark blue/grey color. I bought 14 skeins, which should give me a little fiber insurance in case something doesn't go well.

I'm not sure when I am going to start the sweater, however. I also did some thinking this weekend about all of the projects I currently have started, and I just have to get some of them finished before I start a big project like a sweater. I also have some charity obligations left before the end of the year. So I am going to try and be more focused and disciplined about my current WIPs before I go starting any new ones. We'll see how long this bout of self-righteousness lasts!

And before I go, here's a shot of my new scarf, using one of my Rhinebeck yarns. It was a delightful traveling project this weekend.

1 comment:

Knitika said...

The shawl pin is gorgeous!

I would have a difficult time with your arrangement, because I would want the 8 used bookstores as well as all the yarn stores. Oh, the dilemmas!