Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mitten Love & Getting Ready for Rhinebeck!

Well, I spent yesterday working on a new mitten, and I am much happier with how this one is turning out. I am using some leftover Cascade 220 from a bag I felted in January, and I am obviously making it in the round. I would have finished yesterday, but I forgot to bring a tape measure with me. So it isn't quite finished. I promise I will make its mate right away, so I won't have to post again about second mitten syndrome! Since this one is 100% wool, I think I will donate it to Afghans for Afghans. Then I will start using acrylic blends for Soaring Eagles.

And speaking of mittens and charity, Lynne over at I was Knit Together in my Mother's Womb announced this morning that she is collecting mittens again this year for her From Hearts to Hands project. She has 3 or 4 groups in the Buffalo, NY area that she would like to collect for. I don't think I was able to send her any mittens last year, but this year I will see what I can do to send her a few pairs.

Finally, I have to admit that I am getting really excited about Sunday. I have charged the camera battery, so hopefully I will have some good pictures next week. I am still pondering what to wear, but I probably won't figure that out until Saturday or Sunday morning. This is silly, but some lines from an old Muppets song keep going through my head. I think the song was called "Cuanto La Gusta," and the lines go "Who will be there? What will we see there? And what will be the big surprise?" But that just sums up how I feel about Sunday. I'm not quite sure what to expect, but "we're going, and we're gonna have a happy time" (as the refrain ends up). So, as always, have a great weekend, and I will be back on Monday with tales from Rhinebeck!

No comments: