Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fiber Twist

This has turned into a very busy week that has left me little time for blogging. And I have so many things I want to talk about that I'm a little frustrated right about now. There's the ongoing mitten saga, and there's the new scarf I started with some of my Rhinebeck yarn (because, you know, I needed another project). And there's another charity project looking for 8" squares. But that will all have to wait until next week, because today I want to talk about the upcoming weekend.

Since my birthday is coming up next Wednesday (yes, I was a Halloween baby), and since I will be stuck at home handing out candy on my birthday, my dh wants to get away this weekend to celebrate properly. Of course, such a weekend has to involve yarn and books to please both of us. So we are heading up to Northampton and Old Deerfield, Massachusetts on Saturday. I am going to spend some time at the Fiber Twist market, while he visits some book stores. I will also fit in a visit to Webs, while he visits a few more book stores. We'll have a nice dinner Saturday night, sleep in on Sunday morning, and then head for home later in the day. I wonder if I can persuade him to stop at AC Moore as well?

So it will be another fiberlicious weekend for me! I am going to take the new scarf along, since it is the perfect travel project, and see how much I can get done. I promise pictures next week. Have a great weekend, and I will be back next week with tales of my adventures!

1 comment:

Procrastiknitter said...

Have a good weekend! So sorry I haven't been by in awhile. The Soaring Eagles Project is back up and running for year two. This year, it is all about the mittens and slippers! Swing by! ((HUGS)) and Happy early Birthday!

http://soaringeaglesproject.blogspot.com