Thursday, October 04, 2007

Chrysanthemum Tea Shawl Progress Report


Since Dee has a picture of me and my Chrysanthemum Tea Shawl up on her blog this morning, I thought I should post a picture here as well and give you all an update. As you can see, I have 6 rows done so far. I only have 2 more rows of the openwork in the middle and then I will be starting to create the flowers. I am using Rowan Yarn Cashsoft Baby Dk, a merino/microfibre/cashmere blend. I do love those luxury fibers! The yarn is extremely soft, and I think the shawl will have a nice drape when it is finished.

And here is the book I bought out from under Dee! It's going to take some time to absorb all of the ideas in this book. The motifs and blocks are adorable. There are instructions for crocheting every letter of the alphabet, as well as a really cute Christmas tree applique and a square with a Scottie dog in the middle of it. And there are pages of patterns that incorporate the various motifs and blocks. So this book should keep me busy for quite a while!

Obviously, I had a great time at Borders yesterday morning. I was a little distracted, waiting to see if my mom was being discharged (she wasn't, so we are hoping for today), but it was so nice to be surrounded by beautiful crochet and pleasant conversation while I waited. It turned out that Kathy and Patty, who had just joined us yesterday morning, both live in my town and know me from the library. So, all in all, it was a lovely way to spend a Wednesday morning.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sorry I haven't commented in awhile, but I have been reading your blog. After seeing some of the gorgeous things people are making like your Tea Shawl I just had to order both of Doris Chan's books. Hopefully, I'll be able to try something from them soon.