Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Mom Update

I wanted to thank Valerie for her good wishes for my mom's recovery, and I realized that I should probably give you all a quick update. She is doing much better. The fever/infection has run its course, and her speech is really coming back. She has been working with a speech therapist in the hospital, and I hear improvement daily. The problem has been that her blood pressure is still spiking. Over all, it is coming down, but then it spikes up again. So I was sure she was being discharged yesterday, but at the last minute they decided to keep her another day. Hopefully they will discharge her today, because she is really tired of being in the hospital. A rehab facility isn't home, but at least she can wear real clothes and get in the shower while she is there, and she should only be there a week or so.

Yesterday was also my dh's birthday. Luckily, I had gotten his gifts ahead of time (thank goodness for Amazon.com), so I was able to spoil him last night. We went out for a terrific dinner, then visited with Mom briefly, and got home in time to watch "Cavemen" on TV and open his presents. (He wanted to watch the show, and it was his birthday, so what could I say?!)

Of course, this explains why I'm having another week when I'm not getting much stitching done! Hopefully, I will be able to drop in to my guild's "Coffee, Chat and Crochet" this morning for a little while at least. And if Mom is discharged today, that will involve a lot of waiting when I can get some stitches in. As always, I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your mother is doing well.
I also wanted to tell you (belated) Thank you for my prize for Summer of Squares. The yarn is just beautiful.