Monday, October 02, 2006

Busy Day - Busy Month!

This is a busy day mostly because I am not the only one in this household born in October! Today is my dh's birthday. We had a family dinner last night to celebrate. We went to a German restaurant called the Eastside up in New Britain. If you want to share the experience, visit their website and click on the "Ticky Tocky" down at the bottom of their homepage! I'm only working a half day today, so I will be able to come home this afternoon and celebrate with him. This is probably a good thing, because on top of working the past 7 days (every day since we got back from vacation), he now has a cold that I brought home from the library, and he has just left for his 8 A.M. dentist appointment which he made before he knew that he would be off from work today. So far, this is not shaping up to be a good day, but I will see what I can do to improve things this afternoon!

This is a busy month mostly because I can't seem to stop joining things. I have been meaning to add some buttons to my sidebar for the things that I have already joined. Then, I wandered over to Fiber Freaks yesterday, just to check in with them. I really wasn't intending to sign up for anything, just see how the October KAL and CAL were shaping up. Well, both are focusing on bags this month, and as I was checking out some of the links I absolutely fell in love with this little beauty - the Isabeau purse. So I copied the buttons for both "alongs" and threw them on the sidebar too. We'll see what I get done. Then, along comes Dee this morning with a new challenge - "60 Scarves in 60 Days". Since I need to make some scarves over the next 2 months, I should be able to help her meet her goal. That's the only thing that is going to save me this month - at least some of the groups overlap!

And just so you don't think all I do is join things, I want to say that in the past couple of weeks, I have made 2 hats and 2 scarves. All I have to do is make mittens for each set and they will be complete. And I spent yesterday working on my September WhoDuKnit project, which is still only about half done. So no pictures yet, but I am getting there. No post tomorrow because I have an early staff meeting. So have a great day, and I will see you on Wednesday, hopefully with at least one FO to my name!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

I love the Isabeau purse. You are much braver than I. I am afraid to sign up for so much, because i am afraid I won't get it all done. Have fun with all you KAL and CAL's.