Friday, October 27, 2006

Happy Early Birthday to Me!

I really needed a pick-me-up yesterday after Wednesday night, and when I got home last night, there was my package from Lacey, my October Birthday Swap partner, waiting for me! Of course I dug right into it, even though my birthday isn't until next week. And, boy, did Lacey spoil me! When I opened the box, the first thing I saw was the cutest tissue paper with spider webs and spiders all over it - perfect for a Halloween birthday girl like me.

And look what was inside the box! She sent 6 skeins of yarn - 2 skeins of Knit Picks Simple Stripes, 2 skeins of Cascade Fixation, and 2 skeins of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in pale green. So I should have enough yarn to make 2 pairs of socks, and I think I might make a scarf with the Silky Wool. That was the one yarn I listed on the original questionnaire that I would like to try but hadn't yet. Then Lacey included a set of size 2 dpns, an orange and a black pair of chop sticks, 4 postcards from South Korea and a birthday card, and 6 bars of chocolate! As if that wasn't enough, she also included a small box of Russell Stover candies with a happy pumpkin on the wrapper. She packed all of this in a beautiful bag that is barely visible in the picture with everything else piled on top of it! The bag is nice and deep, with a big pocket inside, and I am willing to bet that she sewed the bag herself.

So I am completely overwhelmed, and I can't say thank you enough. What a terrific start to my birthday. I still have the celebration with the parents on Sunday, and then hopefully my dh will do a little something on Tuesday, since we will be at home handing out candy that evening. I think something special for dinner at least! As always, have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Happy Birthday! How fun to have a birthday on Halloween. The birthday swap sounds like fun - where do you sign up?

Priscilla said...

We have a blog site run by Bev Diaz - http://www.octoberbirthdayswap.blogspot.com. We signed up in September and the swap is almost over now. It really has been a lot of fun. There were 3 of us from Whoduknit in the swap, which was great too!

Opal said...

Happy Birthday! I'm an October baby too!