Wednesday, October 25, 2006

October WIP & KAL Roundup

Even though October isn't quite finished yet, I thought I would review how I am doing on all of my KALs and WIPs this month. I have to admit, it's a mixed bag, but I am accomplishing quite a bit.

1. October Birthday Swap - This one qualifies as a success. It was a lot of fun and a great experience for a first swap. Lacey has received her gift, and she has written to say that mine is in the mail. I will post pictures as soon as I receive it.

2. Soctoberfest - As it turned out, I had a lot of time to knit last Saturday, and I had only brought my sock to work on. So I am currently working on the heel. It doesn't look all that interesting yet, but I will post a picture when I get it a little farther along. I won't have the pair done by the end of the month, but at least I am working on a sock.

3. Fiber Freaks Bags - these I just had to bail on. I just didn't have time to make even one bag this month. Oh, well.

4. Think Pink Challenge - I got my scarf sent in and I received a lovely, handwritten thank you note back from Sydney. I mention this because she has decided to make this a permanent charity project. She will accept scarves at any time and send them along to a hospital whenever she has 20 or so scarves to donate. I need to make a few other things first, but I will definitely donate more scarves in the future. I am thinking about making one of those triangular scarves in pink, or possibly continuing to try to convert that pattern into crochet. I'll let you know what I decide.

5. Whoduknit - Time is marching on, and although I have until 11/15 to create a project for Needled to Death, I can't seem to make up my mind about what to do. None of the ideas feel right. So I might just skip this book and work up a project next month for the Hound of the Baskervilles. I already have a good idea for that book.

6. 25 Things for Charity, the Red Scarf Project, 60 Scarves in 60 Days & the Crochet Guild - these have all been languishing while I have been playing this month. However, the deadline for the guild's next donation, as well as hospital sale, is fast approaching, so everything else is going to have to be put on hold while I do some charity work over the next month or so. Luckily I have until January to get the Red Scarf Project finished, but I don't want to put it off that long. And by the way, if you haven't visited the Red Scarf blog lately, you should. The gallery of scarves is growing daily, and they are all beautiful.

7. Liesel Scarf - no, I haven't forgotten Liesel. She has become my lunchtime project, and she is growing! I am almost finished with the first skein. She is going to be a short scarf, but that is ok. Sometimes I like a shorter scarf. And she has really been a great practice lace piece.

Holy cow! I'm glad I wrote this post, because I had no idea I had so many irons in the fire! I think I had better go off and knit or crochet now, except that this morning I am actually attending a book discussion on the Hound of the Baskervilles. Have a great day!

No comments: