Friday, October 13, 2006

Mailings

I have accomplished two important things this week. I sent off my scarf for the Think Pink Challenge on Wednesday morning, and I sent off my October Birthday Swap gift this morning! I list these as accomplishments because often getting things in the mail is the hardest part of gift giving for me. I don't know why, but very often I will procrastinate something fierce rather than go to the post office. But I was determined not to do that this time.

I have today off because I am working tomorrow, so now I need to decide what I am going to do with the rest of the afternoon - work on existing projects or start something new. At the moment, starting something new is winning, but I will see if I can be more disciplined than that!

Finally, did you all know that tomorrow is the start of National Knitting Week? I received an email from Patternworks this week informing me of that fact, but when I did further research on the web, it turns out that it is National Knitting Week in the United Kingdom, which might explain why I hadn't heard about it before. Still, I think we should all help our knitting brethren "across the pond" celebrate next week. I suggest we KIP*, or better yet, KIP on socks and celebrate Socktoberfest too! Have a great weekend!

*Knit In Public

No comments: