Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Soctoberfest Socks

So I managed to do one more thing this past weekend - Exhibit C as promised yesterday:

I cast on for my second pair of socks. Yes, I'm sure last week that it seemed like I was ignoring Socktoberfest after being so excited about it. But it seemed a little pointless to fill out Lolly's sock history questionaire when I have only made one pair of socks. Actually, reading Lolly's blog and visiting some other sites participating in Soctoberfest, I am realizing just how new I am to this wonderful world of socks! This yarn is Sirdar Snuggly, a DK weight nylon/acrylic blend. Yes, I am using my new KnitPicks size 0 dps, so it is going to be slow going. I have decided that I need to work on tightening my tension so that I can some day use fingering weight yarn, but I don't want to do that just yet. I just want to get some more practice with the various parts of the sock before I work on gauge.

So this morning should be fun. I am going to visit my LYS to buy yarn, but I won't be going off my yarn diet since the yarn will be for someone else. Yes, I have got to get busy and get my October Birthday Swap gift in the mail by the end of the week. As I suspected, October is flying by!

No comments: