Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Weekend Wrap-Up

As you might be able to tell by my sidebar, I was a busy girl online this weekend. I finally took the time to join a couple of groups that I have been following or reading about for a while now. As I mentioned yesterday, the Red Scarf Project isn't really taking on members, but I "borrowed" the button to help promote the project.

25 Things for Charity is a blog I have been following all summer. With all the charity work I do with my guild, joining just seemed a natural thing to do. And I really like the idea of having an online group to share projects and ideas with. So, if you are visiting me from over there, welcome!

I also joined a forum called "Fiber Freaks". It took a little bit of doing to join, but I think it is definitely going to be worth it! All sorts of fiber artists are welcome, so there are discussions of spinning and weaving as well as knitting and crocheting. There will also be a monthly KAL and CAL. This month's CAL is scarves, which is perfect for me right now. (I might be missing something, but I can't seem to find all that many CALs online. I found the Happy Hooker Chain Gang, but I can't seem to find much else. If you know of any, please leave me a comment. I would be really interested to at least keep an eye on them, even if I don't have time to participate.) Again, if you are visiting from the forum - welcome!

Back in the real world, on Saturday I finished the start kits for the Knit Out that I had brought home on Wednesday, and then I sat and did more during the guild meeting on Sunday. If I never see yellow Wintuk yarn again, I will die happy! I lost track of how many I did last week, but it had to be in the neighborhood of 75. I have also to date finished 12 baby hats for Save the Children, and I think that is all I am taking on Sunday. I may try to make a few more before January. But I am ready to move on from those, too. Anyway, here are the dozen I have done:

The yellow one is the last one I made, and I have to admit I think it is my favorite. I also experimented with ruffles on some of them. They have been fun to make, but it's time to make some scarves!

No comments: