Friday, September 08, 2006

Vacation

I usually make my vacation plans in late June or early July, even though vacation ins't until September, and then I wait through the interminable summer. This year was no exception. Summer seemed to take forever, but now suddenly vacation is coming up the week after next! I really can't wait. It will start with the Knit Out on Sunday, and then we are going to Maine for two nights and New Hampshire for three more nights. I should be able to visit 2 or 3 yarn shops along the way. We will spend one day at the New Hampshire Highland Games, and one day hiking in Franconia Notch State Park.

Unfortunately, my trouble with socks has made me rethink my vacation projects for this year. I had intended to be knitting socks on vacation, a la Stephanie McPhee, but that project is on hold indefinitely. So I think I am going to focus on making a couple of hat/mitten/scarf sets while I am away. This will involve bringing a little more yarn than I might like, but the mittens in particular should travel well, and I will feel better having a few more sets finished. I am particularly anxious to try the One-Skein Crochet Scarf from Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet. The pattern is also available at Paton's website, but a free membership is required.

So I have a busy weekend coming up. Housework on Saturday, even if I have to chain myself to the house to get it done! And crochet guild meeting on Sunday. Start sorting yarn and gathering patterns for vacation projects. Oh yes, and 18 more starter kits to create before the meeting! Yikes! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Lulu said...

happy knitting...