Saturday, September 16, 2006

I Have Become Quite a Joiner!

Yes, I am continuing to join groups online and participate in KALs and CALs! I'm not one to jump in with both feet, usually. I tend to wait, and think, and make sure I have the time, etc. But all of the things going on online are just so much fun! So, first up, I finished up a scarf yesterday that I had been working on this week. It is the One Skein Scarf from Patons. This is the September CAL on Fiber Freaks, and I made it pink so that I could send it to the Think Pink Challenge.


I used Red Heart Soft Yarn in pink and white, and I added 2 extra rows to the width of the scarf to better show off the white stripe.

Once I had finished that scarf yesterday afternoon, I started on a red scarf for the Red Scarf Project. I only did about 5 rows because this is the project I am taking to work on during the Knit Out tomorrow. I'll post a picture when I get done. I also made one more hat for Save the Children with the pink that was left over from the scarf. I'm up to 13 hats to take tomorrow, and I may try to get one more finished tonight.

Finally, I joined Soctoberfest over at Lolly Knitting Around. This is actually just going to be a month long celebration of sock knitting, with everyone sharing tips and tricks. I finally got my size 0 dps this week, so I am going to try again on my DK weight socks when I get home from vacation. We may also try to knit some socks for charity as well, which will be good practice for me.

So, work today for me and then the Knit Out tomorrow. I will post on Monday, and then the blog will be quiet until I get back from vacation. I can't believe it is finally here! Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Deneen said...

That came out great, I like the extra rows because I like the extra shell on the ends like that. Nice job.

Kel said...

I love how that pick scarf turned out. The two colors was a great choice, I will have to remember that for my next one skein scarf.

Unknown said...

That came out great! I didn't think of doing a OS Scarf for the Think Pink, oh well, I did a regular rectangle scarf. :)