Thursday, September 28, 2006

October Birthday Swap

While I was on my joining spree before I left for vacation, I also joined the October Birthday Swap. I think it is so cool that I get to be part of this swap just because I was born in October! I didn't mention it because I literally got all signed up the day before I left for vacation.

Well, now that I am back I know who my swap partner is. Her name is Lacey, and she is currently living in South Korea! You can find more details and all sorts of pictures on her blog.

The idea behind the swap is to send enough yarn for a small project to your partner, along with a birthday card, a postcard from your state, and anything else you want to throw in. This is going to be great, because I love small projects that I can (theoretically) finish in a timely manner. I think out of all the small projects I enjoy doing, I still love scarves the most. I wear scarves at work almost every day in the winter. There's just something about keeping my neck and shoulders warm. I'm comfortable without the bulk of a shawl or cardigan.

Speaking of small projects, I am also getting insanely excited about Socktoberfest. I know it is going to be a very relaxed knit along, but I am really looking forward to seeing everyone else's socks and hopefully learning a few things from the other participants. Do you know that over 1100 people have signed up for this thing! Wow! I have got to get some socks on the needles this weekend.

So, all in all, I have a feeling that October is just going to fly by! My birthday is actually October 31st, Halloween, and it will probably be here before I know it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Priscilla, I'm happy to have you as part of the October Birthday Swap and I hope it will be fun and memorable for everybody. I decided on the small project thing because I knew it would keep people on budget and because I love sock knitting so there ya go, ultimate small project. Of course I'm doing socktoberfest too. LOL. How could I pass that by. I made Halloween black cat socks last year but this year I'm just doing autumn colors.