Monday, June 12, 2006

The Yarn Stash Grows!


So yesterday was my crochet guild meeting. We weren't able to meet in our usual room at the local hospital, so one of our members graciously invited us over to her house for our meeting. As it turns out, she is also the member who stores the club's yarn stash. So we were all able to visit the club's stash and adopt whatever we wanted from it, provided we use the yarn to either make something for a charity project or something for the guild to sell. Well, we were like kids in a candy store, I can tell you! I ended up coming home with 3 bags of yarn, as you can see by the picture. This is certainly the way the yarn stash grows!

So far, my plan is to use the single skeins to make hats, mittens, and/or scarves. The two skeins of rose colored Soft Boucle will probably become chemo hats. I am not so sure what to do with the 6 skeins of blue Soft Boucle, and the 4 skeins of blue and 1 skein of green Cotton Fleece, though. I found a pattern for an afghan on the Bernat site that only requires 5 skeins of Soft Boucle, so that is a possibility. I also thought the Cotton Fleece might make a nice poncho, since we have had requests for ponchos at some of our sales. I would certainly be interested in other ideas, though. If you think of anything, please let me know in comments or through email. I promise to keep you all up to date as I make progress on the projects, whatever they turn out to be.

No comments: