Monday, June 19, 2006

Weekend Accomplishment

Well, the weather is getting hotter here in Connecticut. We caught a break on Saturday, though, with some unexpected rain, so I had a chance to get the laundry and housework caught up while it was still cool. That left me Sunday to be creative. I hid in my family room in the basement from the heat, and here is the result of my endeavors:


I have been working on this sweater off and on for the last 2 years. I used a pattern from the book Crocheted Aran Sweaters by Jane Peever and Plymouth Encore yarn. This is going to be a warm sweater. There is so much yarn in it that it practically stands up by itself! Actually, all I had left to do yesterday afternoon was sew in the sleeves and finish seaming the sides and underarms. I am very pleased with how this sweater turned out, and I will be submitting it to Craft Adventure next month.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Your sweater is beautiful! Good luck in Craft Adventure. That sounds like a great event.

Jane (from Whoduknit)