Thursday, June 22, 2006

More UFOs!

So yesterday was a not so good day. I had one last 1/2 vacation day to use up before July 1st, so I didn't have to go to work until 4:30, but then I spent the day not feeling very well, which is just the worst way to spend vacation time. On top of that, I took the car in for its 30,000 mile check up, which ended up costing over $300. I'm glad there was nothing really wrong with it! So I didn't work on the Master Knitting Program or much of anything else all day.

However, we are having overnight guests Saturday nig
ht, and one of them needs to sleep in my yarn room (otherwise known as the guest bedroom). I keep trying to clean up in there, which isn't easy when my stash is so out of control. But as I moved bags of yarn around yesterday, I rediscovered two more projects that I never finished. I did work a bit on both of them yesterday, so hopefully I will get these done too. One is a knitted tunic sweater. I am using Plymouth Encore again (I really should buy stock in the company - I use their yarn so often!) and a pattern from Catherine Ham's book 25 Gorgeous Sweaters for the Brand New Knitter. Most of the sweater is done in stockinette stitch, so it gets a little boring to do, but I think it will be comfortable to wear once it is done. I really like the ribbing on the bottom. One row is all knit, the next row is K1P1, and the effect is unique.















The second UFO is a knitted tank top that has an interesting knitted-in edging around the armholes, which I am unfortunately not up to yet. I am using Sonata, a cotton yarn from Elann.com and a pattern from Cabin Fever. I really like using cotton yarn in the summer, but then again, I would like to wear this top in summer, so I haven't worked out that dilemma yet! I will try to have it finished for vacation in September, I think. I am still working on the backs of both UFOs, so it will be a while before they get finished, but it was nice to rediscover both of them yesterday.





No comments: