Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday Morning Eye Candy

I seem to be a little tired this morning, so I thought I would just post a few links to lace designers I have found while looking around the web. The first two are incorporating knitted lace into their designs. I just found Heart Strings Fiber Arts this morning, so I don't know much about the company, but the designs look scrumptious. A friend recommended Fiddlesticks Knitting to me a few months ago, and I purchased a couple of her patterns. I can tell you that the charts from Fiddlesticks Knitting are large and very easy to follow. I started one of the Whisper Scarves, but unfortunately, after about 60 rows, I made a mistake and ended up ripping the whole thing out. I have since learned about "lifelines" while knitting lace, so I will start the scarf again after I finish up a few other projects. I just love the way she incorporates some Russian motifs in the scarves. Finally, for the crocheters, check out Hass Designs. He has some beautiful crocheted lace patterns, as well as online classes. Have a great weekend!

No comments: