Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A Plea

I'm having one of those weeks. Between the time change, allergies, and hormones, I am tired and not accomplishing much. I still have a few days before my crochet guild meeting on Sunday, however, so hopefully I can squeak out another couple of hats and scarves before then.

In the meantime, since I have no FOs to show off yet, I want to put out another plea for the Soaring Eagles Project. Somehow, there don't seem to be many knitters & crocheters involved this year, and Rachel is really starting to worry that she won't get enough mittens and socks for the children. I won't be able to start mittens in earnest until next week, so realistically, I'm not going to have that many to send her. (And I wanted to send some mittens to Lynne, as well, so I am going to have to knit my fingers to the bone here!) Anyway, if you have any spare time, or spare mittens/socks lying around, please consider contacting Rachel.

I mentioned another charity project in passing last week, but I wanted to give it a proper mention here. The San Diego Wildfire Blanket Project is looking for 8" afghan squares, knitted or crocheted, which will be joined into blankets and given to families who lost their homes in the fire. This is an ongoing project with no deadlines as of yet, which is a good thing because I would like to donate, but I won't have time until the Soaring Eagles project is finished. Having lived in southern California for 16 years, I know how scary wildfires can be out there. My heart goes out to those who lost everything.

No comments: