Wednesday, November 28, 2007

CGOA Meme

Ok, I was tagged the other day to answer the first ever CGOA meme. So here I go!

1. Begin by including a link to the person who tagged you.
2. Answer the question: Are you crocheting something that you would not be crocheting if you were not a CGOA Member?
Or more broadly this question: "How has your experience of crochet been changed by your CGOA membership?" Give a single one-line answer.
3. For extra credit, end by linking to 3 (or 5, for extra credit) other bloggers among whom you'd like to see squirm publicly with this challenging, yet strangely satisfying essay question.

1. This one is easy - Dee tagged me.

2. This one is also easy - Doris Chan's moebius shawl. I would never have found Doris's patterns if it weren't for the CGOA and my local guild. The second part is a little harder. Not being really active with the CGOA, I have to point again to my experiences with my local guild and say that I have learned so much from the incredibly creative and talented people who attend the meetings. Knowing them and learning from them has improved my crocheting significantly. (OK, that's 2 sentences, but oh well!)

3. This one is almost impossible. The problem is that I know people who belong to CGOA, but I have no idea if they read my blog. So I tag Jen and anyone else who is reading and is a CGOA member!
------
Just a quick reminder that the contest is still open until Friday night. Answers are starting to come in, but the more the merrier!

No comments: