Thursday, November 15, 2007

Knit Unto Others 2007

So today is the start of Knit Unto Others. This is a very low key charity along that asks us to knit (or crochet) something for charity during the Thanksgiving holiday. And if you let them know what you've made at the end of the 2 week period, you get put into a drawing for prizes! How great is that?! This year, they are focusing on children's items, and one of their featured charities is the Soaring Eagles Project. I'm pleased they picked that one, because we still need more help to reach our goal of 300 mittens and socks/slippers.

As it turns out, I should have time this weekend for crafting, despite needing to get the house ready for Thanksgiving. (I'm having the family here this year, although there are only 8 of us, so it's not so bad.) I have a 3 1/2 day weekend coming up. I will work next Tuesday and then be off again until Friday. Unfortunately, I am working the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving, but at least I will have some time this weekend. And I intend to spend it working on my new afghan and mittens.

No comments: