Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It Started with the Ripple Along...

...and I thought to myself that I must ripple. Then came the Granny Along, and I thought why not, even though I have yet to truly start a granny square afghan. And now, well let's just say that I fell off the 3 projects at a time bandwagon last night in a big way! Yes, last night I succumbed to Log Cabin Fever!
Between last night and this morning, I finished 2 rounds. The top edge is a little tight, but I will fix that in the next round. I have to say that this is the most addictive afghan yet. Adding each color is endlessly fascinating. I'm using a pattern from Crochet Today, Aug/Sept. 06 issue, but I am using hdc instead of seed st, and I replaced all the greens in the original pattern with blues. I didn't want to spend the time figuring out my own color scheme, though, so I am using the one in the pattern. And instead of the Red Heart Super Saver that the pattern called for, I am using Caron Simply Soft. (I pulled out all of my SS to choose colors last night, and it turns out that I have enough SS to just about fill a queen size bed. I didn't have the courage to actually count the skeins! Sadly, this blanket won't even make a dent in my stash.)

I do have a good reason for starting this afghan and shredding my 3 projects at a time rule. I'm just not at liberty to say what it is yet. And as far as my 3 projects at a time, I have decided that I will work on the log cabin in place of the ripple, and I will continue to work on my scarf and my mittens. I really want to finish this afghan in a timely manner. So it's just a small cheat!

Oh, and I haven't forgotten about that contest I promised. I just need to push if off a couple of days. I'll try to announce it over the weekend.

No comments: