Friday, November 09, 2007

Focus!

Well, I still don't have much to show for myself this week. I am going to spend today finishing up a few more hat and scarf sets for Sunday. I have 2 sets in progress that I should be able to finish today. Then, if I buy a couple of scarves and whip out a couple of hats, I will have 10 sets for Sunday. Then it will be on to mittens.

I am also trying to focus on fewer projects and get them finished. This morning, over on the Ravelry group "So much to knit, so little time", I committed myself to working on just 3 projects at a time. I figured I would post the list here, too, just to reinforce my commitment!

When I started thinking in terms of 3 projects, I knew that I would have to have one crochet project, one knit project, and one charity project going at all times. So, as soon as I finish up the sets for Sunday, here is what I am going to be working on:

1. The crocheted ripple afghan - not a traveling project, but it is time to get it finished so I can snuggle under it this winter! It is about 2/3rds done, so I should have it done fairly soon.
2. The knitted triangular scarf - a great traveling project and probably about half done at this point. I want to finish it so I can wear it this winter.
3. Mittens for the Soaring Eagles project - also a great traveling project.

I don't mean to be obsessive about traveling projects, but between crochet guild, SnB, and doctors visits with my mom, I really do need to have some smaller projects to tote around with me.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Linda said...

As an observer of your work I can tell you that you accomplish a lot, but I get the same feeling of wanting to start somethiing new before I should. Sometimes it is just too hard not to give in to a new project.