Sunday, November 18, 2007

#100 and The Contest!

Ok, it isn't another pair of mittens. I decided that it would take too long to hit my goal if I tried to knit another pair. And it isn't on my 3 WIPs at a time list (I have so fallen off that bandwagon). However, I give you my 100th item for charity in 2007:
One of my friends at crochet guild is putting together a donation for St. Jude Children's Hospital, and she asked me to make a hat. So I decided to whip one up last night and get to my goal this weekend.

And at last, the contest! It occurred to me that even though I have met my goal for the year, there is still over a month to go and I still have charitable obligations to meet. But how many more charitable items will I be able to make before 2008? I don't know, but I thought I would give you all a chance to guess. Email me your guess at byhookorneedles at yahoo dot com (you know the drill - replace at and dot with the appropriate symbols) by next Sunday evening, Nov. 25th. Please put "contest" in the subject line. I won't read your emails until the end of the year, but I will put all of them in a folder until January 1st. Then I will announce the winner on January 1st or 2nd. If more than one of you guess correctly, I will draw names out of a hat to pick the winner. I will also enter everyone who emails me a guess into a drawing for a second prize.

Ah, yes, the prizes! For the person who makes the correct guess as to how many items I can make for the rest of the year, I will offer to make and donate one item to the charity of your choice in 2008. (Just be aware that if you ask for something big, like a blanket, it will probably take all year to make!) And for the random drawing of all entries, the prize will be this skein of yarn (without the shawl pin - sorry, I don't have time this morning to take another picture):
Hand dyed Icelandic wool. So please spread the word. I would love to have a great response to this contest. And please leave me a comment if you have any questions about the contest.

In order to keep this post at the top of the blog for the week, I am going to take the week off from blogging. I need to get my house ready for Thanksgiving, and I have this crazy idea that I would like to finish my log cabin 'ghan by next weekend. So let me wish everyone a terrific Thanksgiving, and I will be back next week, hopefully with FOs.

1 comment:

Real Life Mad Man said...

Hmm. How many items...I'm going to say 10. :)