Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Little of This, A Little of That!

Did I say something last week about doing serious crafting this past weekend? I should really learn to stop saying such rash things! As it turned out, there was serious yard work to be done last weekend, which really put a crimp in my crafting. That was probably a good thing, because if I had had the time and energy, I would have turned the weekend into a "starting" weekend, and that would have been silly. I have plenty of projects already started. But I have so many ideas rattling around in my head right now that it's frustrating, too.

So instead, with the time I did have for crafting, I worked on several different projects. There were moments when it was very cool here in CT, so I actually pulled out my ripple ghan and put in a couple of rows. I started a hat, and worked on an ongoing scarf. I put a couple of rows on my doily. And I worked enough on my vacation sock that it is worthy of a picture:
It's called the Traveler sock. I am really enjoying the cabling. I should need just one or two more pattern repeats before I start the heel. And the best part is that I am getting gauge and it fits! I'm using Cascade 220, so between that and the cables, this is definitely a pair of socks for wearing around the house. There is no way they will fit into shoes! (Sorry about no link. The pattern is only availabe in pdf, and pdfs don't work the same with a Mac, so I can't get a direct link. But you can go here and hunt, if you are really curious.)

Between SnB last night and Coffee, Chat & Crochet this morning, I have actually had more time for crafting this week than I did over the weekend. So surely I will have some FOs for you all soon!

No comments: