Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Because Nobody Can Make Just One!

I think I have discovered an unwritten rule of the universe - I must make 2 of every Doris Chan pattern I attempt. Seriously - I made 2 Shoop Shoop Capelets. I just bought yarn for 2 Rocky Road Shrugs. I have enough yarn to make 2 moebius shawls (although I am really bogged down with the first one). And I have the yarn to make another Blue Curacao Shawl. The Chrysanthemum Tea Shawl is the only pattern so far that I only plan to make one of. I'll have to see how it goes with the new book. So far, I only want to make one of most of the patterns, but that could easily change!

So, as promised, here are pictures of my new WIPS. The first picture doesn't look like much, but it is the Rocky Road Shrug with the left sleeve almost done.
I find this is typically true of Doris' patterns. They look like a bit of a mush until all of a sudden, everything comes together and you can see what you are making and it's beautiful. In real life, this happened when I started the left sleeve. It's just hard to make out in the picture. I'll try to take a better picture when it is finished.

Unfortunately, I do have to report that I did find some errors in the pattern, specifically in rows 2, 8 and 10 of the back. (Karen, you are right to have some questions.) The error in row 2 really took some figuring out, because I didn't understand the stitch pattern yet. So far, the sleeve instructions seem to be spot on. I will try to finish this up over the weekend, and I will post the specific errors and my corrections next week.

And here's a picture of the knitted shrug.
I'm using Simply Soft Shadows, colorway Pearl Frost, and the Simple Shrug pattern from Caron. It is knitting up so soft! It's going to be like wearing a hug when it's finished.

1 comment:

Deneen said...

You are cracking me up-I have the yarn and must start the moebius soon-did you ever post pics of yours?