Sunday, September 30, 2007

Longer Break than I Intended!

Wow! I had no intention of taking a 10-day break from blogging, but sometimes life happens, and you just have to go with it.

I knew I would be taking a few days off after my last post. We were installing new computers at work, and my schedule was a little crazy. The installation went well, although working the bugs out afterward took several days. But last weekend, I discovered that I no longer had an internet connection at home. Unfortunately I didn't have time to sit on the phone for hours, so I put off dealing with the issue for a few days. I finally found the time yesterday morning to fix the problem, so I am happy to be back online.

Then, at lunchtime on Tuesday, I got a call from the place my mom lives. She had made it down to lunch, but while she was eating her speech became slurred and she had trouble using her knife and fork. They wanted to call 911, and I arrived there in time to meet the EMTs. Long story short, she is still in the hospital. She didn't have a stroke, thank goodness. She has a mild case of pneumonia and an infection in the lining of her brain. Her blood pressure was also sky high, but it is finally settling down. When she is discharged tomorrow or the next day, she is going to a rehab facility for a while.

So, as you can guess, I haven't accomplished much lately in terms of FOs. I did get 2 items finished this month:
A scarf and a pair of mittens, both going to Warm Up Winchester. I used a wool yarn from Cleckheaton for the scarf, and Plymouth Encore for the mittens. This brings my charity total to 93 for the year. So I just need 7 more items next month, and I will reach my goal of 100 items for charity. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Knitika said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum! Prayers and best wishes to her, I hope it's a speedy and uncomplicated recovery.