Saturday, September 08, 2007

Feeling a Little Burned Out This Week

The week after Labor Day is one of the toughest of the year in my job. Once school goes back in, it always seems like everything should immediately go back to normal and I should be able to catch up on all those work projects I let slide all summer. The reality is that all those books we checked out all summer have to get returned at some point, so we are actually as busy after Labor Day as we were before. Even though I know this is what will happen, it always surprises me too. Go figure. So this week found me feeling rather burned out at work.

Unfortunately, that feeling extended to my crafting this week as well. After enjoying myself immensely at both SnB and Borders, I hardly picked up hook or needles the rest of the week. I just felt bored by all my existing projects. I know I'll finish most of them eventually, but I'm just not feeling it right now.

I have a pretty good idea what will cheer me up, though. First, I need to get some R&R this weekend, which is not going to be a problem. Since it is 94 degrees in CT today, I am certainly not exerting myself to do much housework, so that is taking care of the "rest" part, and I have crochet guild tomorrow, which will take care of the "relaxation" part very nicely. And second, well I need to start a new project or two, of course!

I've spent most of the day dithering about what to start. I keep thinking about a shawl, but most of the knitting patterns I want to try will just take too much concentration right now. (And that 94 degree weather isn't really motivating me to start a shawl, either.) I finally settled on another triangular scarf. I've made the pattern several times already, so I know it works well. And it is mindless knitting that will travel well. I'll post a picture when I get more done. Right now it is just a tiny triangle.

Before I sign off, I just have to share my good news from Weight Watchers yesterday. I was very good last week, and wrote down everything I ate. Boy did that work! I lost 2.2 lbs., bringing my weight loss total to 30.2 lbs. I feel very good about losing that much weight.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Deneen said...

My mom works at a college library and she was on a four day work week all summer and things hit her hard this week also-

Congrats on the weight loss-keep it up

Linda said...

Hmmm. It must be something going around. I'm not too excited about any of my WIPs right now.
Congratulations on the weight loss.
Weight Watchers is a great plan.