Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Good News!

Well, I got out on my shopping expedition last Friday. I visited a Joann's superstore (which only had 2 aisles of yarn, so I was a little underwhelmed), AC Moore, Big Lots, and my LYS. I bought yarn everywhere except Big Lots, although I did find a bag of beads there, and I came home with 6 new projects as well as a couple of spare skeins.

Happily, I came home with enough yarn to make 2 versions of the Rocky Road Shrug from Doris Chan's Amazing Crocheted Lace. Happily, indeed, because on Friday, Dee wrote to say that Doris Chan is going to be attending our November crochet guild meeting! We had expressed an interest at the September meeting in having Doris come visit again, and Dee jumped right on it! So now, as I plan my new and upcoming projects, Doris Chan patterns will loom large. I would really like to get a few more of her patterns made up before the 2nd Sunday in November. Of course, her new book should arrive today from Amazon, which should seriously add to my WIMs!

I will have time tomorrow to take pictures of the WIPs I started this weekend, which include one Rocky Road Shrug and another knitted shrug, but today I will leave you with this picture (lest you think I have completely forgotten my charity work).
This makes my 6th hat, mitten & scarf set for the year, and my first entry for Dee's 60 Scarves in 60 Days contest. The hat and scarf are made from Simply Soft Shadows Fuschia Flare colorway.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Let me know how you do with this shrug. I started it and have some questions.