Thursday, September 13, 2007

Knitting for Rhinebeck

As I have been on my quest for a new knitting pattern, it has been in the back of my mind that it might be fun to make something to wear at the New York Sheep and Wool Festival in October. I know some of the bloggers I read are already working on projects. Beth is making a hoodie, and Susan has just designed a shawl for the event. Realistically, I'm not going to get a sweater or a shawl made by October 20th. My other concern is that the weather can be somewhat unpredictable in October here in the Northeast. Anything from cool and crisp to rain to really warm tempuratures are possible. So maybe a scarf or a vest might make sense. I'll see what I can find on tomorrow's shopping expedition.

In the meantime, one of the ladies at SnB has proposed a sweater KAL for our Tuesday night meetings. So now I am busy looking at sweater patterns as well. Since I am still losing weight, I think a cardigan makes sense, since it should continue to fit regardless of how much more weight I lose. I have a few ideas, although I'm surprised by how many patterns don't speak to me at all. But I do really like some of Sally Melville's designs, and I want to go through my Elizabeth Zimmerman books as well. So stay tuned - I have to make a decision and settle on one or two new projects one of these days!

1 comment:

Knitika said...

all these people knitting for Rhinebeck! All these people going to Rhinebeck.... SIGH.

I hope you find the perfect project!