Monday, July 03, 2006

Progress Report

I had a really relaxing weekend, thank goodness. Summer is the busiest time of the year in a public library, and true to form, last week we had 2 days when we checked out over 1,000 items each day - almost triple what we usually do! So I was very glad to have some down time this weekend to recharge my batteries.

Of course, "down time" means knitting and crocheting time. Heaven forbid that I should just sit and do nothing! I had two goals for my projects this weekend, and I met both of the them. The picture is the back of my tank top, which I finished on Saturday, as well as starting the front. That was my first goal. My second goal, which I met yesterday, was to turn the heel on the second sock. This way, both projects are back to easy knitting for the week.

As I was hiding in the nice, cool basement from the heat yesterday afternoon and working on my sock, I remembered that Knitty Gritty was on TV. My dh has talked about how great it is for him to be driving to the auto parts store on a Saturday morning while listening to Car Talk on the radio. Well, let me tell you that watching Knitty Gritty while knitting a sock is just as good! Lily Chin was the guest, and she gave lots of really great tips for making our knitting lives easier. I realize that not everyone has digital cable, so you might not be able to catch the show. But the show's website includes a lot of content, and I highly recommend checking it out.

No comments: