Thursday, July 27, 2006

New England Knitters

Sorry about the minimal posting this week. I spent my blogging time on Monday finishing up the scarf. Then on Tuesday, Blogger didn't want to upload my pictures, and the post would have been meaningless without them. Yesterday, I was finally able to publish Tuesday's post but then didn't have time to do a new post. And here it is Thursday already! This summer really is flying by!

I still haven't spent enough time with any of the books I want to write about to publish another book review. Hopefully this weekend I will have a little more time for reading. It occurred to me that I don't have any projects to try and finish this weekend. The tank top still needs 5" on the front before I start the decreases for the armholes, and I will try to work more on that now that some other projects are finished. My other goal for this weekend is to get some items for charity going. Between my crochet guild's September donation of preemie items and chemo hats to the hospital, and the December donation of hat, mitten & scarf sets to the Salvation Army, I have plenty of options to work on! It is going to be brutally hot in Connecticut for the foreseeable future, so I may concentrate on the smaller items and give up on preemie blankets for now.

Finally, I want to mention that I joined my first web ring yesterday! It is called "New England Knitters", and there is a link in my sidebar. I took some time to go through the list of other members and found a few other bloggers here in Connecticut. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out yet how to add a picture and link to the group through the picture, but with the help of a knowledgeable friend at work I am slowly making progress on that.

No comments: