Friday, July 21, 2006

Knitted Baby Hat Patterns

Well, I am still going back and forth on a knitted baby hat pattern. I have been looking around the Internet, and I have found some patterns to share with you, but nothing ribby enough to satisfy me. I have a pattern from the knitting guild I used to belong to, but it occurred to me that that pattern was designed by one of their members for the guild, and I'm not really free to share it with the world. So over the weekend, I am going to try to design my own to share with all of you next week (assuming I can work out the decreases).

Most of the patterns I found are done in stockinette stitch with a ribbed brim. Again, Bev's Country Cottage has any number of links to patterns. However, the following links offer patterns that are a little bit more involved: Easy Newborn Hat, Spiral Preemie Hat, and Tiny Knitted Preemie Hat. The last hat is based on short rows. All of the hats look to be adjustable, sizewise, but I haven't tried any of these patterns to know how they perform. There are also 2 patterns available on Lion Brand's site, although you have to register with them to get access to their patterns. (It might be worth it, though, because they have also started to offer a series of crocheted motifs that are quite cute.)

It turns out that I have a number of projects that are just about to be finished, so with any luck, I should have some FOs to share with you next week, in addition to the baby hat pattern. I also realized that I haven't written a book review in a while, and I have several books I want to talk about, so hopefully I will have some reviews for you next week as well. In the meantime, have a great weekend and stay cool/dry!

No comments: