Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I know, I know...

...I said yesterday no blogging until tomorrow, but I couldn't resist popping in here to relate this little story from yesterday. Last January, I got to help out with a children's program at the library. We taught a group of 3rd-5th graders to knit. We had enough adults helping out that each of us worked with just 2 children. One of the girls I worked with comes in to the library regularly with her mother, so I know she is still working on her knitting (and she's good at it, too). Well, I saw her yesterday and she had news for me. She has now learned to crochet, too! I was just pleased as punch to hear that. She and her mom promised me that they will bring in some of her knitting and crocheting Wednesday night to show me. I can't tell you how great a feeling it is to know that I had a small part in passing along these skills to the next generation.

No comments: