Monday, July 10, 2006

Life, hijacked

So this weekend was the library's book sale. This wouldn't be a big deal in my life, except for the fact that my dh runs the sale. The stress level in my house has been high for much of the past week, to say the least! Most years, he has enough volunteers for set up and clean up that I'm not required to do much, but unfortunately this year some of the help fell through. So I found myself helping out both Friday night to set up the sale and last night to clean up. Friday night was definitely the harder of the two nights, probably because it came at the end of a work week. I could hardly move on Saturday, I was so sore! And I still can't quite believe I have to go back to work today.

Probably the most frustrating part of the weekend was the fact that the sale was a mixed success. They got rave reviews from the people who attended, but not enough people attended and they barely sold half the books. They made good money, but not as much as in years past. So there will be a lot of soul searching going on among the members of the Friends of the Library group for awhile.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with the fiber arts, but it is my way of saying that I didn't have a lot of time this weekend to work on projects or plan out blog posts! I did attend my guild meeting yesterday and had a wonderful time. We didn't have a business meeting because our president couldn't make it, so we had lunch and just sat and crocheted and visited. It was the perfect summer meeting. I was able to finish a floppy hat for myself, which I will photograph as soon as I tie in my ends. Silly me - I thought I would have time to do that last night! I have to be at work early tomorrow morning for a staff meeting, but I hope to return to a more normal blogging schedule by Wednesday.

No comments: