Thursday, February 15, 2007

Snow Day Fun!

Yesterday was the perfect kind of snow day. I only had to go out once and shovel, about 4:00 in the afternoon. Otherwise, I had a very relaxing day. I found a "Project Runway" marathon on Bravo, and I was very happy crocheting along with the crazy designers. My dh and I got to spend Valentine's Day together. Under normal circumstances, we would both have been out until 8:00 last night. And our team won last night! Go UConn!

I finished up a hat and bootie set that I had been working on for far too long. I started the hat while I was on vacation in September! I don't know why it took me so long to finish. However, the baby is due in 2 weeks, so I knew I had to get my rear in gear and finish this up. I am giving it to a coworker whose daughter is rather unexpectedly pregnant again. The daughter's first child is 10 years old, and she really didn't think she would be going through this again. So I thought she would appreciate a little something handmade.

I also worked on the edging of one of the baby blankets, but it still isn't finished. It always amazes me how long it takes to finish some projects. I really need to keep this in mind when I get in a "starting" mood. Luckily I have been a "finishing" mood since the beginninng of the year. The only new project I have started in that time frame is the Lucy Bag. However, I think the older UFOs are multiplying on me all by themselves. Every time I go up to the yarn room, I seem to find more items that need finishing!

No comments: