Thursday, February 08, 2007

Maybe February Really is for Finishing!

Spurred on by a new KAL (that I haven't joined but am keeping an eye on for inspiration), February is for Finishing, I have been digging around in some of my UFOs and actually working on some of them! I found 2 baby blankets that I started about a year ago, and I worked on both of them at my Borders get together yesterday morning. They are nice, mindless crochet projects, which seems to be what I am in the mood for this week!

Actually, I think I have needed a couple of mindless projects to work on because my main accomplishment this week has taken quite a bit of thought and perseverence. On Sunday, I decided that it was time to finish up the Fair Isle hat that I have also been working on for a year now. I took the class last February, but then in March we closed on my mom's house with about 2 weeks notice. So I put the hat down and never got back to it. So here it is, almost totally completed:

It is pinned, but I still need to sew the seam. I might also block it first. I am going to take it to "sit and knit" night tonight for a second opinion (and to relearn how to sew the seam - this one is going to require a different stitch than I usually do). But it is so close to being done that I just had to show it off!

No comments: