Friday, February 16, 2007

Looking Forward to the Weekend

Despite only working 2 days this week, I am tired and really looking forward to the weekend coming up. The 2 days we did work this week have been among the busiest I have ever spent in 8 years at the library. Then there was the unexpected pleasure of coming home yesterday at lunch just in time to watch the plow fill in the bottom of my driveway again. I barely got my car in the driveway and then had to cut my lunch hour short to go out and shovel my way out to get back to work. I was not a happy camper!

Consequently, I don't have any knitting or crocheting to show for myself today. I do have a great day coming up tomorrow, though, and yet another 3 day weekend to look forward to. Tomorrow morning, I will go to Weight Watchers first thing. When I get home, my dh and I are going out to breakfast and then making our way up to Hartford to watch the UConn women's basketball team play at noon. I believe they are playing Pittsburgh tomorrow. If you don't live in CT, then it is probably hard to understand how exciting this is. We don't have any major league professional sports teams in this state, so we really support our UConn Huskies - especially the basketball teams. But that means that tickets to games are basically impossible to come by. Tomorrow is state employee appreciation day, however, and we were able to get tickets that way. One of the small perks of being married to a state employee!

We are also going out to dinner tomorrow night for a belated Valentine's celebration, but obviously we will have some time between the game and dinner. So last night my dh asked me if there is anything I would like to do on our way home tomorrow afternoon. I must have been a little slow on the uptake, because he persisted and said "AC Moore?" Well, duh, of course I want to go to AC Moore! As it turns out, there is a bookstore he would like to visit nearby, so he is going to leave me at the store for a while and then pick me up again. So I am going to guarantee today that I am going off my yarn diet tomorrow! I am a little annoyed with myself that I deleted my 40% off coupon this week, but I don't think that will slow me down much. What to buy will be the question that keeps me occupied today at work.

Hopefully, with another 2 days off after tomorrow, I will have more to show for myself next week. Have a great weekend, and a great President's Day!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Priscilla - I just sent you an email. -Jen

Anonymous said...

How about the Mohegan Sun?

They're a pro baketball team, pretty much up there, too.