Friday, February 09, 2007

Hat Specs

Well, last night did not go as planned. I didn't get out of work until almost 7:00, so I just stopped in at the LYS and told them that I wouldn't make it to "sit and knit" night. I still needed to go home and feed myself and the pussycat, and the shop closes at 8:00, so I just wasn't going to make it. So my hat will have to wait for next Thursday night (when I might just get to "sit and knit" night on time) for its seam. Then, when I got home, I realized that I had completely forgotten that I was supposed to pick my mom up after work and take her to pick up her car from the shop! I called, and she was very gracious. We will get her car today on my lunch hour. There's just been too much going on this week (and none of it interesting).

In the meantime, I also realized that I didn't give you any specs on the hat yesterday. Allow me to rectify that now. The pattern is called the Waupoos hat and is found in the Mission Falls booklet "Quinte Scrapbook" by Mags Kandis. I used Mission Falls 1824 merino wool, and the only thing I changed were some of the colors in the hat. It was fun to knit, and the charts were very clear to read. I have to say that there are some other great looking patterns in the booklet as well. When I get a few more things finished up, I make one or two of them.

One more day of work, and then I have a 3 day weekend. Yes, I get Lincoln's birthday off. It's still a state holiday here in CT, so my dh (who is a state employee) will be off with me as well. I am going to try and finish a few more projects, but it has also occurred to me that I have 3 mysteries started, and I just got my hands on the new Deborah Crombie book yesterday. So I may have to take some time to read this weekend instead. And I have crochet guild on Sunday. So it's going to be a great weekend. Have a good one, everyone!

No comments: