Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Summer of Squares - RIP?

I have just realized that suddenly it's mid-May already, and I need to give some thought to reviving Summer of Squares. I have to admit, though, that I really don't see myself spending this summer making afghan squares. Homespun Helpers isn't pushing squares this year. I have stacks of squares upstairs in my yarn room that need to be sewn into blankets before I make any more. And I'm also concerned that group blogs aren't as successful as they used to be, because of Ravelry. I'm not at all sure I'm ready to take on the task of moderating a Ravelry group at the moment. So I'm leaning towards letting Summer of Squares die a quiet death, unless someone would like to take the idea and run with it, with my blessing. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I've given some thought to the squares too. Are you wanting help putting what you have together? Is that what you mean? Or are you wanting places to send squares you already have?

I can't relate to the Rav. thing yet; but if it's as active as I think from the comments I've heard, I can see your point.

Using up some odds and ends myself here, pop over and see what I mean.

Have a super wkend. The sun is FINALLY coming out, now that I've showered and given up the idea of mowing today. Can't win.

Sandy