Monday, May 12, 2008

Hooked on Murder

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! What with getting ready for the big day, and entertaining the moms yesterday, I didn't have a lot of time for crafting this weekend. I have put a few more rows on the new ripple afghan, and thanks to Dee, I finally seem to be past my problem row on Eva's shawl, so I was able to put a few more rows on that project as well. But no FOs from this weekend. Hopefully, next weekend I will have time to actually finish something. I just have to decide what.

There is much excitement right now about a new murder mystery with a crochet theme that has recently been published called Hooked on Murder. Dee has organized a book discussion group on Ravelry, and as soon as the book comes in to the library, I intend to start reading it so that I can participate intelligently. In the meantime, I actually did some reading last night to try to finish up the mystery I am currently reading. It's the most recent book in the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear called An Incomplete Revenge. I really enjoy this series, and this book is just as enjoyable as the earlier titles.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Thanks for the info on Rav. I found the site this time and did sign up, so am waiting to get my approval once I surface to the top of the waiting list.

I'm shocked that with all the blogs I've been to, the mailing groups/ on yahoo etc. associated with knitting and crocheting that I've not come on it before. It looks huge! Why a waiting list though? Seems they've created lots of extra work for themselves to have people sign up, get on a waiting list, then get an invite, then join.

Trying to catch up with my blogging here a bit today, then get busy working on a one of my 2 large genealogy projects...then maybe take a break and do some knitting. Just never enough time in the day to get everything done.

So we just chip away, a little each day.

Have a good Monday
Sandy

Sandy said...

Thanks Priscilla for explaining the testing etc. I didn't realize. Anxious to look around the site more when I'm in.

Didn't do what I had hoped to with regards to my gen. projects yesterday..instead I was able to wrap up several craft projects, decide what goes to what group and made it to the post office. My office is not nearly as cluttered today as it was yesterday. Love that, got several boxes out so things look neater around here. lol

Maybe I'll work on the gen stuff today, after coffee.

Have a good one
Sandy

Susan said...

I must read that book! I love cozy mysteries!

Susan said...

I must read that book! I love cozy mysteries!