Monday, May 05, 2008

A Successful MS Walk!

[Here's what I intended to post yesterday morning, until something went bad and I was unable to add the pictures to the text. Oh well, better late than never, right?!]

Well, I'm still a little tired this morning, but I am very happy with how the walk went yesterday. I am very proud of my team, too. I don't have a final tally, but I think we raised approximately $700 for MS research. I really wasn't sure how much we could raise, so we far exceeded my expectations!

Here's what it looked like as we started out on our walk.

And here's me with my crocheting.
(The weather was cold and damp, hence the frizzy hair!) Crocheting while walking was a bit more challenging than I had anticipated. With so many people and dogs around, I had to keep one eye on the people around me and one eye on my crocheting. So it was slow going, but I persevered.

And here's a better shot of what I was crocheting on my walk.
It's a scarf I started with some Plymouth Wildflower DK from stash. I am using the Crows Feet pattern from Darla Sims' 280 Crochet Shell Patterns book. What can I say - a cotton blend and a lacy pattern. 2 stash knitdown challenges in one project!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the success of your walk and crochet day!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Priscilla, awesome!!
~Dee