Monday, November 20, 2006

Yet Another Charity Post

You know, it really is hard to blog when you are totally focused on one thing. I know there isn't a lot of variety right now in my posts because I am working so hard on all the various charity projects I have gotten myself involved with. But I am accomplishing a lot, and it's the only thing I have to talk about right now! So here is what I have accomplished in the last week - 3 hats for the Soaring Eagles Project. (I made the red hat some time ago.) The 2 on the left are crocheted, and the 2 on the right are knitted. All are made out of Wool Ease. It doesn't show in the picture, but the yellow hat was made with 2 strands held together, one yellow and one white. The white strand has a thread wrapped around it that makes it a little sparkly. It is still completely machine washable, though. It should make a nice gift for a little girl.

Between the holiday coming up and all the family stuff going on right now, I think that I am going to take a break from blogging for the rest of the week. I am working today and tomorrow, and then I am off for 6 glorious days! All I need to do for Thanksgiving dinner is make a jello salad on Wednesday. But I have some pre-Christmas house cleaning to do, I still need to pull out my winter clothes, and I intend to get a lot more charity knitting and crocheting done. I already have 2 more hats started. I also remembered that I did want to make one Christmas gift, and it needs to be finished by Dec. 7th. It's just a pair of fingerless gloves, so it shouldn't take long. I would also like very much to change the look of the blog. I am getting really tired of all the pink. So I have plenty to keep me busy for 6 days!

So let me take this opportunity to wish you and yours a very safe and happy Thanksgiving! Have a great week.

No comments: