Tuesday, November 14, 2006

More Charity Opportunities

I realize that there is probably no end to the good causes out there that we can knit and crochet for, and that everyone's time is limited this time of year. (Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week, and Christmas is only 40 days away? Yikes!) However, I keep running into projects on my travels around the internet that really tug at my heart. So I have two more charity KALs to tell you all about.

The first is From Hearts to Hands, an effort to collect 300 pairs of mittens for a church in Buffalo, New York to give to children at Christmas. Seriously, link over and read the story. You'll be starting a pair of mittens in no time.

The second is called Knit Unto Others. They are trying to encourage people to make items to donate to charity during the last 2 weeks of November, to help everyone stay grounded at this time of excessive consumption. Just let them know how many items you finish, and you will be entered into a prize drawing. One entry for each item made. How easy is that? And I love their idea of focusing on what is important this time of year.

So how are my projects coming along this week? Well, I am still working on my red scarf, and I cast on a hat last night for the Soaring Eagles project. I am also working on more donations for my crochet guild, because we have another sale coming up on Thursday. So far I have finished 1 scarf and 2 pairs of fingerless gloves, with a 3rd almost done. I will try to have a picture tomorrow. I seem to be on a roll, which I am going to try to extend to the end of the month. As soon as I am ready for Thursday's sale, I will go back to work on the other charity projects full time. And I have 6 days off coming up over Thanksgiving, which should help me get some items finished as well.

No comments: