Friday, November 10, 2006

TGIF!

Especially because it's a holiday! Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow, so no 3 day weekend for me this weekend. But I still have today off with my dh. Of course leaf raking is in our future, but I will still try to fit in some stitches here and there.

I have had quite a week since Monday. I have crocheted another 2 scarves, and I hope to make one more before Sunday. That will give me a grand total of 9 sets to donate. Not quite the dozen I had hoped for, but nothing to sneeze at either. I will post a picture of all the sets over the weekend.

As it turns out, there have been some yarn related purchases this week as well. I had done a Knit Picks order the morning of my birthday, which finally arrived this week. I treated myself to an umbrella swift and a ball winder with my birthday money this year. I didn't take a picture because I haven't tried them out yet, and because I know you all know what they look like. I can't wait to use them, though. Maybe later today.

And then there is the yarn. From the top - Knit Picks Shimmer in Morning Mist colorway, 3 skeins of Knit Picks Swish superwash in Fired Brick, 2 skeins of Plymouth Suri Merino in a beautiful heathered dark orange, 2 skeins of Plymouth Encore, and a skein of Alpaca with a Twist baby alpaca & silk blend in a peachy orange. And finally, the Winter 2006 issue of Interweave Knits. I'm starting to think I should just subscribe to the magazine if I am going to buy every issue!

So obviously all the red yarn is for scarves for the Red Scarf Project. I am going to make one or two pairs of Fetching with the Suri Merino (Christmas gifts), and the Alpaca with a Twist is going to be a prize for the Red Scarf KAL. And I'm thinking of using the Shimmer for another lace scarf for me. I also think that skein is going to have the honor of being the first on the swift and ball winder. All in all, not a bad week!

No comments: