Friday, November 17, 2006

Second Guild Donation of the Week

I tried to write this post yesterday, but Blogger would not upload my picture. So today, I can talk about my week, and all the stuff in the picture, and tell you all about how the guild sale went yesterday.

In the picture are all of the items I donated to the guild yesterday for their sale. I made the turquoise scarf and the 3 pairs of wrister warmers this week. The rest I had sitting around waiting for the sale. I used Deneen's wonderful pattern for the wrist warmers and then embellished it a bit to make them match the scarf.

We did very well at the sale yesterday for the guild. We sold a lot of items. I was very pleased that one of my baby blankets, most of my baby hats, all of my baby booties, the purple wrist warmers and the turquoise scarf and wrist warmers all sold. Even better, we donated over 80 chemo hats to the hospital as a thank you for allowing us to have our sale there. We had the hats on display most of the day, and it was quite an impressive display at that. Unfortunately, my camera battery was charging yesterday, so I don't have a picture. I should add that we are still putting some sets together for the Salvation Army, so I don't have a total for that donation yet.

I also spent some time this week working on hats for the Soaring Eagles project, and I have one knitted and one crocheted hat almost finished. I wil post a picture when they are done. So my November projects are still focused on charity work, and it feels pretty terrific!

1 comment:

Procrastiknitter said...

Wow, you ahve been busy and the items are just adoreable! Thanks so much for supporting our cause!