Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Blog Roundup

There have been a number of interesting posts lately on the blogs I subscribe to, so here, in no particular order, are the links and my thoughts about each:

1. Norma brought this plea from a starving graduate student to my attention this morning, so in the interests of academic research, I am linking to his post and when I finish writing, I will ping Technorati. Following all the links from Norma's post, I finally learned what a "meme" is, and I discovered that knitters and crocheters apparently do have a plan for world domination. If you don't believe me, try doing a Google search on the words knitters (or crocheters) plan for world domination. The results are astounding! If you are so inclined, you too can help the academic research. If you have a blog, just link to Acephalous like I did and ping Technorati. It'll help his research. And if you could care less about academic research, go visit Norma anyway. She also has pictures up this morning of some of the most beautiful items ever made for charity.

2. On my shopping expedition earlier this week, I picked up Better Homes and Gardens Knit It! magazine because of the hat, mitten and scarf set on the cover. The set is orange with a blue Fair Isle design on each piece. (I tried this morning, but I can't find a link to or a picture of this edition of the magazine.) I took a good look at the pattern and I thought "I can do this." It is a fairly easy, one color stranded design. Anyway, this has reawakened a desire to add colorwork to my knitting. So I was extremely interested in Lolly's post this morning when she mentioned a new knitalong starting up in December - the Stranded Colorwork KAL. I haven't joined yet, but I am considering it. Even if I don't join, I know I will be checking in regularly for the inspiration. If I do join, finishing this will be my first goal.
Believe it or not, it is going to be a hat someday, and I have enough yarn to make mittens to match.

3. Dee is getting very close to her goal of "60 Scarves in 60 Days". She has me listed as having made 12 scarves over the last 2 months. I had to think about that, but I believe that is about right, if I include the scarves I made for the guild to sell. Wow! I have been a busy girl.

4. I also want to thank all of the bloggers who mentioned that going back to work this week after spending the better part of last week being domestic goddesses was really hard. I was miserable at work yesterday, and I thought it was just me. But apparently I am not alone in my misery. And regardless of whether it is my unhappiness on the job or my desire to do stranded colorwork, knowing that I am not alone is one of the best parts of the blogosphere!

2 comments:

Bev said...

Congratulations for winning the October Birthday Swap "Best Pal" contest!

Anonymous said...

Congrats for being such a Swap Pal, Priscilla!