Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A Very Happy Christmas

I hope everyone had a great holiday! We had a lovely day, but I guess it was a lot of work, because boy was I tired yesterday! It took me the entire day to recover! There were just 5 of us on Christmas - my dh and I, my mother and my dh's parents - so you wouldn't think it would have been that tiring. But we seem to believe in lots of presents, and we put a lot of work into having a really good dinner.

For dinner, we served a roasted stuffed pork loin. Side dishes included mashed sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, creamed onions, rolls, and extra stuffing! My MIL made a delicious pecan pie for dessert. We ate leftovers for dinner last night, and it was just as good a second time!

As for presents, well, I was completely spoiled. I got a gift certificate for my LYS and cash to spend on yarn. I also got lace blocking wires and a set of KIPer* bags from Knit Picks. My mom got me a wooden shawl pin as well, so I really do need to work on a lace scarf or shawl to wear it with! And my dh surprised me with a dual DVD/VHS recorder that also includes a Tivo-type hard drive. We have had no way to record anything from TV for a long time now, but once I install this baby I should have no problem. I can record up to 3 shows at once!

As it turns out, Webs is having a big yarn sale this week. So it looks like there may be a road trip on Friday to spend some of my gift money! However, I will be back tomorrow with a review of 2006 and a look ahead at what's in store for 2007.

*KIP=Knit in Public

No comments: