Thursday, December 21, 2006

Almost There!

Well, I am almost ready for Christmas! We got the Christmas cards sent out and the decorating done over the weekend. I haven't had time to take any pictures, though. I was so hoping to get the shopping done last night, but it was not to be. So my dh and I will make one more foray to the stores tonight and that should do it. Since we are doing quite a bit of our parents' shopping as well, everyone's shopping should be finished by tonight!

I haven't made Christmas cookies in years because we get so many from my MIL and SIL. But I do have a chocolate nut loaf recipe that I usually make on Christmas Eve. So I have a little cleaning and a little baking left to do this weekend, and then I will be completely ready for Christmas.

Every now and again, when things stop momemtarily, I do feel as though I am fighting off the Christmas blues. But I think this has something to do with the fact that I haven't picked up either needles or hook for about a week now. When I do sit down at night, I am just too tired to contemplate a project. However, if I just hang in, I will have plenty of time next week to get back into knitting & crocheting.

I have been doing some reading, though. I finished up The Italian Secretary, by Caleb Carr, on Sunday afternoon. I had been reading it since November, so it was time to get it done! It was a pretty good story on its own, but it was supposed to be an updated Sherlock Holmes story and as such I didn't think it was satisfactory. Then, Sunday night, I read The Christmas Guest by Anne Perry. It is our December book on Whoduknit, and I enjoyed it so much I finished it the same evening! Anne Perry has written 4 of these short "Christmas mysteries" so far, and I am now reading her current one - The Christmas Secret. They are perfect reads for this time of year, at least if you like mysteries!

I am working today, and if all goes well, only half of tomorrow. Then I will be off work until January 2nd. I just love when the holiday falls like this, and I can take 10 days off and only use 4 vacation days! I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to the break. I probably won't blog much until next week, but then I will be back with my own year end review. Until then, I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday, and that Santa brings you everything you could possibly want!

No comments: