Tuesday, December 19, 2006

So Much Good News!

This morning seems like a good time to give you an update on all of the various charity drives I was involved in over the past few months. Every single one was so successful it brings tears to my eyes!

Soaring Eagles Project - 676 hats as of yesterday! We were so worried we wouldn't even get to 300! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed making those hats. Everything will be given to the children tomorrow. I still wish I could be a fly on the wall at that school tomorrow!

My guild's Salvation Army donation - per Dee (in an email to the guild), 70 hat, mitten & scarf sets, along with various other items, including some spare hats and scarves, ponchos. and baby items. We also collected 3 large bags of toys. I am very proud of my fellow guild members as well!

60 Scarves in 60 Days - also per Dee, 80 scarves were actually made and donated during this challenge! Another unqualified success!

And finally, even though I never did get any mittens made and sent, From Hearts to Hands collected 654 pairs of mittens, again far exceeding the goal of 300!

I will definitely participate in these or other challenges again next year! The only thing I would like to do differently next year is to try and have some items made before next autumn. I enjoyed what I did this year, but it would be nice not to leave everything until the end of the year and then rush to get enough done. So we'll see how it goes. But for now, I am going to bask in the glow of this year's successes for a while longer!

No comments: